Sunday, August 3, 2008

Watermelon Festival

Tucker and Paw-Paw on the BIG slide!


Tucker and Paw-Paw enjoying FREE watermelon!


Tucker on the cars!
Tucker and Paw-Paw on the carousel!
Everybody but Mom (she's behind the camera)!

Friday night, we (myself, Whitney, Tucker, Mom, and David) decided that we would check the Watermelon Festival out in Murfreesboro (the same one that Shelley and Kelly posted about last week). It was just us since Kevin and Charlie were camping with the boys for the weekend in Climax, VA (that's become a tradition for them the same weekend every year). Shelley and I went Friday for lunch (it's become a tradition) and boy was it hot! And I can say the same about Friday night...HOT HOT HOT but oh so FUN! The plan was just to check out the craft vendors and listen to the band and we did BUT Paw-Paw and Tucker saw the rides immediately so Tucker and Paw-Paw ended up riding a few and boy did Tucker LOVE it! He did not want to leave the rides! Boy are we in trouble for our county fair next week, I have a feeling that's where we'll be most of the time...LOL!



4 comments:

Donielle said...

Before you know it, Tucker will be riding the roller coasters!! He looks like he loves the cars. I really like that backpack...cute!

Judi said...

Fair's are always fun!!

Michele said...

Donielle-

We didn't know how Tucker would like the Monkey backpack harness...I used to always think that those things were torture for kids BUT it really gave him the freedom to walk around instead of riding in the stroller the entire time. He thought he was something with a monkey on his back...LOL!

Mandy said...

lol...we saw a kid Saturday night with that same Monkey Backpack thing and he did not like it at all. He was doing all he could to get away and it was not happening. I think they would have been better off keeping him in a stroller ;o) Then again, his two older brothers were running all around free as a bird, so I guess that kinda ticked him off!