Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday

Well this is another catch up post...I promise to post pics from Thomas the Train soon!

1st...I talked to my Mom not long ago to ask how my Uncle's surgery went...well, they were able to biopsy just fine but after being in recovery something went wrong and he is now on the breathing machine. My Aunt Peggy had just called her to tell her that she needed to come to Richmond to the hospital so I'm not sure where things are going from here...Mom didn't know all details so she will fill me in after she gets there. As I know you all are...please continue to pray hard for my Uncle...sounds like he is really needing the prayers now if ever. Thanks to all of you again for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.

Now...my appointment today for Baby Benson, 26 weeks 1 day! Everything went well...I had to drink that nasty sugary drink, then wait an hour and get 2 vials of blood drawn for the gestational diabetes test. I didn't FAINT y'all so I am overcoming my phobia I think:-) I did make her lie me down instead of sitting in the chair like everyone else. Of course I got a little weak but that's to be expected with me. Once again, I am so proud of me for NOT fainting:-) They will call me with the results, hopefully all will come back normal and I won't have to go for more testing. I was pleased with my little weight gain this time...unlike last visit...LOL! Baby Benson is measuring right on track and was very, very active for the Midwife...he/she kept kicking the Doppler every time she would press down...she said "you have a VERY active little one"...heart rate was in the 140's. I told her that it had to be all that sugar in that drink I had to force down...she just laughed and said "you are probably exactly right". Back in a month for the next check up!

Since this was a lengthy visit with the testing that had to be done, it was close to lunch time when Kevin and I left so I decided to not go to work since it would be close to 1 PM when I got there and I leave at 3:30 PM...just not worth the gas to drive there. So...we decided to get some stuff done in Chesapeake. We went to Norfolk 1st so that Kevin could take care of something he needed to, then it was back to Greenbrier to Babies R' Us to register. We registered for most stuff but there are still a few things that we have not completely decided on so I'll add those on later. We still want to register at Target as well. After registering, we headed to Chesapeake Square to pick up the nursery furniture and then grabbed a bite to eat at Olive Garden, YUMMY! Back at home now after a fun, productive day! And back to work tomorrow:-(

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Gosh, ya'll got a lot done in a short amount of time! Charlie and I would still be shopping! lol Where did you get the furniture from? We bought Mason's from Krazy Kids near Chesapeake Square, but they have recently went out of business...don't you know I was mad! I had asked the owner when we ordered it how long they had been there and she said it had been a few years and how well things were going and the next thing we knew, they had a going out of business sign on the window. Luckily we got all the little problems with the furniture out of the way before they closed for good. We were missing a shelf and we had to order a whole new toy box, but they were really nice and we are of course done with it all. I am so glad we went ahead and bought the bed rails too!

I hope things go ok for your Uncle. I know you are all scared, but God has a plan...but, it is hard to accept sometimes when it isn't "our" plan, trust me!

Mandy said...

Oh...about the blanket, yes, Charlie is working tonight, so he should be there in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Wow....y'all did get alot done today.....I'm so proud of you for not passing out....believe me I was just like that.....I had to lay down everytime they drew blood.......hated it!!!!!

My prayers are with your uncle....I know it is so scary for you all.......

Donielle said...

Congratulations for not passing out...hehe! I know you're glad to have that test behind you. I'll continue praying for your uncle. Hope all is going well.

Anonymous said...

You are doing great...and I am glad you are gettingover your phobia's...nothing like having a baby to take all of those away...I pray all goes well with your Uncle. Hugs to you and your family.

Mary Lou said...

Congratulations for not fainting! You may lick that phobia yet! Sorry to hear about your uncle. I'll certainly keep praying for all of you.

Judson's Mommy said...

I am proud of you for not passing out. My thoughts and prayers are with your uncle.

Keri said...

Awww Michele, hearing about your doctors visit and running around registering for baby things brings back such memories - now that my baby is 2! You and Kevin are in such a special time - you have so much ahead of you. A wonderful miracle in the making - a little baby Benson. Enjoy every moment - even when they are taking your blood - LOL!