Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sedley Woodworking Mantle

For all of your woodworking needs call Sedley Woodworking!!!

Here is the BEAUTIFUL mantle that I was talking about in my last post. Matt has a new woodworking business, "Sedley Woodworking", he does beautiful work! Anyway, the story behind this work...my Mom and David recently moved into a new house and they had gotten some old lumber from my Pop's home place so they had Matt make one of the five mantles for their house. To make a long story short, Matt mis-measured or wrote down the wrong measurements (we're all human) so he had to make Mom and David a new one. Well, I had said that I would LOVE to be able to get the one that didn't fit since it was sentimental to me having my Pop's wood in it. Soooo Matt surprised us last week and told Kevin to stop by and pick up something and that "something" was the mantle! I was sooo excited! It's in storage now safely protected for our future home that we plan to build right beside Steph and Matt in Sedley, VA. Hopefully that won't be to terribly long off in our future.



5 comments:

Shelley and Such said...

GIRL, that is SOSOSOOOOO awesome and just perfect! I know it holds a special place in your heart and you will treasure it forever. My mom and dad have a drawing of the house my dad was born in and the frame is made of the board. I remember the house being there when I was younger and my dad telling me of the "outhouse". I will cherish that picture one day when it becomes mine.

Love your new pic of Tucker up top too! Really good pic and SO Tucker Smile!

Mandy said...

Beautiful!

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous!

Jamie's Block said...

didn't cathy have one similar to this that ur dad had when he built the house in seldey? i am sentimental like that too...i want to do something with some of the wood from my great-grandma's house that still stands from like 1950's..i can't wait to build our new house also...

Michele said...

Jamie---

There was one in our house in Sedley BUT it was way different...different wood...that one wasn't as formal I guess is what I'm trying to say. I so wish we would have gotten that one out when we moved out or when Cathy moved out. You just don't think about that stuff when your younger.