Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baby Shower #2

Finally, here are a few pics from my shower on Sunday! It was so much fun...I believe we counted b/t 60-70 attended and that doesn't count the numerous gifts I've received in the mail and the one's folks have brought to me. We received MOST of our big stuff...stroller travel system, bedding, bathtub, and so much more! We are planning to get to the store this weekend to pick up the rest of what we may need with the many gift cards we received! Thanks to all who thought myself and Baby Benson was special enough to help give the shower and thanks to everyone who came and those who sent gifts as well...I am working on Thank You notes now so hopefully I will have all of those done soon! There are not a lot of pics of the actual gifts in this post so I will post the nursery later once I get everything straight (the gifts filled up the entire room) so that you can see many of them...the nursery is so dag-on cute now that everything is coming together! Didn't Steph do a wonderful job on the cake? It was so cute!

And Amanda did this diaper cake so now I have 2...so cute!


My Aunt Cathy and Linda trying to pin the corsage on me.




The group that gave the shower...Brooks, Whitney, Brandi, Dana, Cathy, Steph, myself, Phyllis, Tara, Linda, Meredith, Melissa, and Amanda. The little girl is Faith...she is Steph's oldest girl and then the little boy that Steph is holding is one of her twins, David. She has 4 total...Matthew, Faith, and then twins David and Jenna. Many thanks to all of you for putting on a great shower!
Faith was such a big help! She ask me when I 1st got there..."So when are you gonna have that baby"? She thinks it's a girl...we shall see. And then that's my friend Melissa who just had a baby in April writing down the gifts I received.

Brooks, Meredith, Whitney, Melissa, Faith, and myself...see my stroller system that the group giving the shower gave me!


Brandi, Dana, Tamara (who is expecting in September), and Allison (one of my Mom's coworkers when she worked at the mill)


Opening more gifts...that's Amanda to the right side...no need to name everyone else again!

Dana, Sharon, Tamara, Jennifer, Tara, Kimberly, and Brooks


Nana Benson (Kevin's Mom), Angela, and MaKenna


Alyssa, Brandi Gray (in the back), myself, Meredith, Melissa, Melissa's mother-in-law

Betty, Crystal (standing), Pat, Miss Diane, Alyce, Brenda


Gloria, my Aunt Cathy, my Aunt Cheryl, my cousin Ashley, Evelyn, and my Grandma Allen (who fell and broke her foot a week ago but still didn't miss my shower!



Amy, Nana Whitley, Jenn, and Linda

Alyssa and Erica help me open presents this time!


Chowing down...the food was oh so yummy!


Me and Mom (better known as Me-Maw)

Whitney, myself, my cousin Angela from Richmond
My Mom's cousin Phyllis from Roanoke Rapids, My Aunt Peggy (Mom's sister from Richmond), and Mom

10 comments:

Judson's Mommy said...

Looks like you had another great shower. Getting close!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy said...

That's a lotta people, I know you got lots of nice gifts. It's almost time!!!

ancient one said...

Looked like fun... and it won't be long now... til we find out who Baby Benson is... ;)

Kelly said...

I have been looking for these pics all week! LOL Steph did an AWESOME job on the cake and Amanda did an AWESOME job on the diaper cake!!! I'm so glad you had such a great shower and got tons of stuff! I bet your nursery is really full now!!!

Jamie's Block said...

looks like u had a great turn out & gots lots of cute things. cathy didn't tell me you were having a shower other wise i would have come also.

Keri said...

Michele - you must feel so good that you and Baby Benson are so loved! I'm glad you got most of your needed things. Love that monkey cake too. Now all you need is that sweet little baby to hold.

BTW - you look beautiful - got that pregnant woman glow going on.

Mary Lou said...

Oh my! Looks like everybody had a wonderful time and you got lots of gifts! I know you can't wait to hold Baby Benson! It won't be long now!

Mandy said...

Great Shower! Charlie asked me last night did I have your gift ready for him to take to work and I told him yes but I was in the middle of dinner...then I forgot to give it to him AGAIN! You WILL get it before July 8th...so don't go early...lol

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun, and putting it all together for Baby Benson is the best part I am sure. It won't be long now.

Judi said...

It is getting close. Keep us all posted!