Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Shower #1

I know you all have been wondering if I was ever gonna post about the baby shower yesterday...so here I am FINALLY! I got off to a bad start this morning, insomnia so I was up at 3:45 AM and then when it was time to leave for work I discovered that I had a flat tire and of course Kevin worked nights last night so he hadn't made it home yet. Anyway...I finally made it to work! Now for the shower...we had a great time...a special thanks to Ava, Shelley, and Vicky for hosting it and a special thanks to those who attended. We had a great time with great gifts and food! We missed all of you who couldn't attend! A diaper cake...3 of my coworkers gave me this on Friday at work...it is adorable and will be oh so useful (I really am gonna hate to take it apart is so darn cute)!




Shelley pinning the corsage on me that she made...it was adorable make out of baby socks and a pacifier!



Me with the hostess'...Vicky, Ava, myself, and Shelley




The Mayle girls...Shelley, Rylee, and Bentlee







Caught pigging out! The food was oh so yummy!




Opening gifts!


A cute Monkey Teether!

Brooks gave me a diaper bag...funny thing was that she had NO clue I had seen it in W'burg and really wanted it but didn't buy it of course. Good thing b/c she had already bought it for me w/out even knowing that I wanted it!

Not sure what I was opening here!


Shelley checking out my matching diaper stacker!


Sweet Ms. Bentlee


Sweet Ms. Rylee



Kelly, Cathy, Vicky, myself, and Bentlee! Shari---how'd you escape pics? I bet my Mom got some shots of you! These were all with my camera that I wasn't using!

Baby Benson's Nana, Mommy, and Me-Maw


Baby Benson's Aunt Whitney, Mommy, Aunt Brooks, and Aunt Amanda w/ Bentlee and Rylee




Here's a little taste of the nursery...more to come after I get the bedding and a few other things done...you'll just have to wait. Here are most of my gifts received at the shower!



A closer look at all the gifts!


And last but not least...when I finally made it to work this morning, 2 of my coworkers that couldn't attend yesterday gave me a bouncer...can't wait to take it out of the box tonight:-)
A BIG thanks to everyone:-)
I'll be sharing another shower with you next week b/c I have another one on Sunday! So exciting!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

We had a great time at the shower and the food was so good! Loved Shelley's dip! Your Nursery is looking so cute! I LOVE the wall behind the crib!

Mandy said...

Insomnia is one of those pregnancy "perks"...lol Everyone just told me it was getting me ready for middle of the night/morning feedings. I hate I missed the shower...things are just so busy and we are so unorganized. Looks like you got a lot of great stuff! Those diaper cakes are cute, but mine took up a lot of space. After Mason was born, we tore ours down and sorted diapers. They come in handy more than the display...believe me. Oh...We have the same Diaper Genie...they contain the odor, but everytime you put a new one (dirty diaper) in, the odor escapes...Mason's knocks us out sometimes...lol. I couldn't imagine not having one though. I am going to try to remember to send our gift through Charlie tomorrow. I am lucky if I walk out of the house with Mason's Diaper Bag these days...lol

Anonymous said...

So sorry I wasn't able to be there. Looks like I missed out on alot fun. Looks like you had alot of gifts.

Judi said...

It looks like everyone had a fun time. Sorry I couldn't come!! A little far! lol

Mary Elizabeth said...

sorry i missed it yesterday. i really anted to come, but family was here for dance recital weekend!! of course i want to make you something with the benson monkey's name on it!!!!! so you will just have to wait. teeheehe! ;)

the walls in the nursery look amazing. will you come paint maddie's room for me???

tell benson to hurry up so we can all kiss that face! :)

Mary Lou said...

Oh my! It looks like you got a lot of nice things for Baby Benson. Sorry I wasn't able to be there. Sure looks like everybody had a nice time. I LOVE the stripes on the wall in your nursery! Can't wait to see more pictures!

ancient one said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all....you really got some nice gifts...The nursery is looking great...can't wait for the next one...

Wendy said...

Look at you, so cute and ready to go! Can't wait to see Baby Benson!

Wish I could have made it to the shower. I know you all had a good time. I am in love with the walls in your nursery, very cool stripes!
I have a gift for you, I will get it to you soon!

Judson's Mommy said...

Looks like you have a wonderful shower. Sorry I could not make it. My step-fathers birthday was Sunday & we had a cookout for him.

Keri said...

Michele, looks like a wonderful shower and lots of great gifts for the baby. I LOVE the sneak peek at the nursery. It looks like you have outdone yourself!! I love the monkey theme, the colors, the stripes! Great, great, great - now show us more!!

I never had trouble sleeping a day in my life until late in my pregnancy. I would end up being at work at 5:30 in the morning because I couldn't sleep. Hope the rest of your week goes better!

Donielle said...

Oh my gosh, the nursery is awesome!! I love it! I'm glad you had a great shower. Shelley asked me last week if I was coming and at that point I still wasn't sure since we were having Hannah's sleepover. I don't know how in the world I thought I could have a sleepover with 12 girls and still go to a shower the next day...lol. I won't make that mistake again! I'm sorry I missed it, but it looks like you got some good practical stuff. I remember when Tina was pregnant with Karley and her whole shower was full of diapers before she was even born. You can never have too many!