Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baby Benson, 38 weeks (Really 37 weeks, 6 days)

Note: I wrote this last night and am just posting today

Hope this update finds you all well. We had a bit of a scare at our visit today but all is well:-) My blood pressure was up again at this visit as it was at last weeks visit so that concerned them. I tried to lay in the office for a bit and get it down but it just wasn't working so they sent me over to the hospital to the Women's Suite to be admitted and monitored. They hooked me up to several things...they monitored my BP every 15 minutes, hooked the monitor up to Baby Benson to keep track of him/her, and then I had to have some blood work done. Once they got a BP cup on me that worked, my BP came down to where it should be and all was fine. The blood work came back normal and Baby Benson was moving all around the entire time and heart rate was good the entire time. The nurse even told me I had a few contractions while I was there which I had NO idea I was having. They told me that I absolutely could not return to work and that I needed to rest as much as possible. She did check me and told me that Baby B's head was way down and that I was very close to dilation but still not quite. I will go back on Tuesday for a check up and they want to do another ultra sound since I am still measuring on the small side. Hopefully all will be well until Baby Benson's arrival.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your BP came down...it won't be long now. REst now while you can....you have alot of "Labor" ahead of you.

Judson's Mommy said...

Oh Gosh... It will not be long now... Glad your BP come down. Rest and relax until Baby Benson is ready. Good Luck and keep us posted. I am soo excited for you.

Mary Lou said...

Glad to hear your BP came down pretty quickly. Sounds like it won't be long now before we can call Baby Benson by their real name!

Wendy said...

How exciting, make sure you rest like they tell you! Time is getting shorter and shorter I know you cannot wait, neither can we!

did you already tell what the names will be if it's a girl or a boy and I missed it, or is it a secret?

Relax and rest now while you can!

Mary Elizabeth said...

YEAH!!!! {well sort of} I know that is a little scarey, but just think of it all this way .. you were made to do this!!!!

I can't wait for little Mr./Miss Monkey Love to show up!!!!!

Hurry up Benson and make your debut!!!

Enjoy the time off from work and relax and get ready for the fun to begin!!! :)

Mandy said...

I am so glad you and BB are ok. Get some rest, because you are going to sure need it when he/she (I really think she...lol) gets here. I haven't stopped running for the past 6 months! It is all worth it though. REST, REST, REST...and if you feel compelled to go to Babies R' Us...we have ordered from them online and it is great also! lol

Kelly said...

Hey cuz! LOL I'm glad you were able to get your blood pressure down. Sounds like Baby "B" will be here before you know it! Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest!

ancient one said...

You mind your doctors and rest, rest, rest.... We're all excited for you and Kevin!

Donielle said...

I don't know about the rest of the bloggers, but the time has sure flown to me! I'm looking forward to his/her arrival. I agree with everyone else...rest, rest, rest!

Keri said...

Glad to hear everything is okay. Not long at all now girl! Get all the rest you can.

When I had Caleb, I went to the hospital b/c my water had broke - when I got there, they told me I was having contractions too and I didn't know it! Eventually I DID know it - but we won't talk about that! LOL!