Sunday, November 16, 2008

How we broke our great news....

Just wanted to share how we broke our great news to Kevin's parents...it was Kevin's Mom's bday on Tuesday, the same day we went to the doctor. We were going there for dinner to have her bday celebration. Keep in mind...Kevin thought of this on his own...it's a little poem that he found on the Internet and he framed it and wrapped it. I was WAY IMPRESSED:-) It's such a sweet poem! The look on their faces was PRICELESS:-)

10 comments:

Donielle said...

I clicked on the frame so I could read it, and it's beautiful! How daggone sweet! I bet they loved it.

Jamie's Block said...

lol..i was planning on doing something similar to this when the hubby and i decide to join the pregger/family community. i already have it all planned out so that the whole family (mom, dad, and stepdad) will be in the same place to get it at one time and i even have the cutest lil plan to break it to my brother when the times comes. (and so no one asks we are not planning kids just YET..lol..i just like to plan ahead and think of different options ahead of time).

i am so excited for you. i can't wait to meet the lil one already.

ancient one said...

I had heard there was a poem... I would have loved to have seen their expressions...That was a loving, thoughtful, thing for Kevin to have done. I'm so excited for all of you!!

Tina said...

Men!! they DO surprise us every now and then!! So sweet..

Judi said...

What a great poem!!

Mandy said...

Don't ya love when your rough and tough man comes up with something sweet and sentimental...oh how they can surprise us sometimes...lol

After we had been trying to get pregnant for a year or so, we decided that it really couldn't be much longer (or could it?), so we ordered personalized bibs for all the grandparents and that is how we told them. We kept them stored for another year, but when we finally were able to give them to them, it was the best thing in the world!

Kelly said...

That is the sweetest poem. I know they loved it!

Judson's Mommy said...

Gosh.. that was really sweet. I know everyone in your family is so excited for you guys..

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I know they loved it, I did!!!!

Holms and I said...

Ok so that so made me tear up!! How sweet!!! Kevin can try to be a jokester all he wants...but he is very sweet and kind at heart!! How sweet!! that is all i can say...HOW SWEET!!!!