Monday, February 9, 2009

What a Mess!

One day last week...I think it was Wednesday...I came home to this mess! Kevin bought both Sandy and Gertie new dog beds...as you can tell from the pic...the dog beds didn't survive very long at all! I told Kevin when he brought them home that they wouldn't make it b/c Gertie would tear them up and sure enough that's what happened (the puppy came out in her---she still has much growing up to do...LOL)! She tore both hers and Sandy's into shreds in no time at all! So...on that afternoon that I came home...I thought that our house surely got the snow I had been waiting for...LOL! What a mess! I had Tucker that afternoon so now he goes around telling everybody that KK and Chele Chele's dogs made a BIG MESS! And he is so right! Needless to say, they won't be getting another bed anytime soon!

12 comments:

ancient one said...

I don't have a dog, but Penny does. She has three in her house... she can tell you some stories about puppy destruction... be glad the dog beds were in the pen...LOL

Donielle said...

Oh my, poor you!! Sometimes we still wake up to trash in our yard from Sammy, and she's 9 years old.

Jamie's Block said...

yeah ours are like that also. the stuffed animal toys lasted until the pups were 2 months old...lol..deuce kept his fave one til he was a year and then he got bored and ripped the head off to get just the squeeky thing out..lol..

Jamie's Block said...

oh yeah BTW..baby Benson a boy or a girl..lol..

Sandy said...

I laughed so hard. I tried the same thing with a pillow and old quilt...that Gertie is a sight.

Judson's Mommy said...

They were really bored!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Mandy said...

I am so glad we never had that problem with Sammy. I don't know how he knows, but he doesn't touch or destroy anything he isn't supposed too. I didn't teach him this, it is just him. We have left shoes and towels on our deck and he never touches them.
Goodluck with it! They don't realize how good those beds would have felt on a cold night.

Wendy said...

It does look like it snowed! Mine were the same way, they will grow out of it. Now they just bring odd things home all the time!

Judi said...

They do grow out of it if you can wait that long. Oh well I guess they didn't like those beds.

Michele said...

Oh yeah...they grow out of it! Sandy has been great for awhile (she is 9 yrs. old)! She had NO parts of the mess at all! Gertie did it ALL! She will be 2 next month! I don't remember Sandy being that destructive for so long. Oh well....she just won't ever know what she's missing out on with NO bed...LOL!

Anonymous said...

Brownie (our dog) is 18 months and she does fine with her bed, but her toys and blanket and whatever else she can find are always all over the yard....it's like picking up after a toddler...except it isn't in the house.....LOL...I am feeling your pain...

Keri said...

At least you know she isn't safe inside with your couch!! Bad dog!