Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas in Richmond

The Sunday before Christmas (Kevin's actual birthday) we headed to Richmond to celebrate Christmas with my Mom's brother and sister and their families. We always have a big meal and enjoy each other's company. We don't get to see any of them much throughout the year so we always have a lot of catching up to do. It was a wonderful time as always. Mom got some great pic shots as well so I may share those later! My Mom helping my Aunt Peggy get ready for the feast! Boy was it yummy! I always love eating at My Aunt Peggy and Uncle Harry's b/c she cooks so much like my Ganny (her Mom) did when she was with us.


My cousin Angela (my Aunt Peggy's daughter---they say she and I have some of same facial features) lighting ALL the candles in the dining room...I bet there were 100 candles to light and they were so beautiful when all of them were lit!


My Uncle Harry taking Tucker for a ride on the tractor! He thought that was the greatest thing! This brought back memories b/c when Whitney and I were little we would go and stay with my Aunt and Uncle for the week and this was one of the things that we really enjoyed doing while there. They probably live in one of the few places in Richmond that is like the country...they have a lot of land around them.



All my other 2nd cousins waiting for their turn to ride on the tractor! It was a big hit with all of them!

Rachel took a lot of time up with the Tucker. Rachel is my cousin Lisa's (my Mom's brother's oldest daughter) youngest daughter.

Here is my Mom, Aunt Peggy, Uncle Earl Wayne (this is Mom's brother who is so sick now--he is make a little progress but still very, very sick), and my Aunt Judy catching up after the big meal.

8 comments:

Judson's Mommy said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time in Richmond catching up with your family.

Donielle said...

That's so good that you could all be together like that. Tucker seems to have a blast wherever he is!

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures, the first one with the rolls makes me want to pull one out of the computer and eat it..LOL If only I could!

Judi said...

There is nothing better than spending time with family.

Carol Hedspeth said...

Hi Michele, Thanks for the comments on my blog. It was good to find yours and catch up on your family. Major congratulations on the baby!! And I can't believe how big your nephew has gotten. He's quite a little man now!! Tell Whitney and your mom "Hi."

Anonymous said...

Wow.......sounds like Christmas was extrememly busy for y'all......what in the world will it be like next year with your little one?......but.....you will LOVE every minute of it......

Keri said...

Looks like a great trip. Caleb would be so jealous of Tucker's tractor ride!

ancient one said...

That looked like fun, fun, fun.. all those candles.. so pretty.. I'd be afraid someone would knock one over.. I'm such a scaredy cat! I know everyone enjoyed the tractor rides.