Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas with my Dad's Family

Ok...I am finally getting around to sharing Christmas with y'all...you'll probably be sick of our Christmas by the time I finish all the posts so bare with me. On the Saturday before Christmas, we got together with my Dad's family at my Grandma and Grandaddy's in Sedley. Tucker was so very excited, he figured out at this gathering that he LOVED opening presents as you can tell in his overly excited expression above when he open the John Deere tractor that my Dad gave him. He calls my Dad Grandaddy just like Whitney and I call his Dad Grandaddy.


Tucker was excited about each and every gift NO matter what it was...even the clothes he received.


My cousin Ashley, her boyfriend Ryan, and Ashley's Dad...my Uncle Jerry.

Tucker had to try on the hat that he received...he was so funny!

My Grandaddy Allen.

Ashley gave Tucker a play grill that really had lighted flames...he kept going and getting chicken drummettes off the table and cooking them! It was hilarious!


My Aunt Cathy with her granddaughter Gabriel.


Charlie and Tucker try out Grandma's motorized scooter...it's always a favorite play toy every time we visit...LOL...that thing flies!


Kevin, myself, and Tucker


Ashley and her Dad


Gabriel and Tucker chat about Noah's Ark

My Grandma Allen with all but one of her grand kids...Travis, Whitney, Ashley, and Me. Tucker and Gabriel are her Great Grand kids!

8 comments:

Judi said...

What a great time to spend with family. It looks like you all had fun.

Jamie's Block said...

OMG...travis has grown. i can't belive how big he is. wow.

lol..that pic of cathy is priceless..is that my dad sitting on the couch in the pic...lol...

grandma allen and all the grandkids minus shane :( ..next year though. (i talked to him for the first time christmas day..he is anxious to meet the hubby)

Michele said...

Jamie-

Yes, Travis has definately grown. I feel really sorry for him...don't think that he has the best home life.

I believe that is your Dad sitting on the couch...he always seems to get out of my pics...I think he does that on purpose...LOL!

Yes, that's all of us minus Shane. I haven't talked to him in years...I hope he is getting straightened out for himself and everybody else. I hope that he will have a whole new outlook on life.

OH...question for since you (or for anyone who reads this) are so good at the computer...for some reason when I post it's not showing for some time later on other folks' blog that I've posted. Is this on my end or everybody else's? If it's me, how do I fix it...I'm on eastern time which is checked but I don't know what else to check. Thanks in advance!

Jamie's Block said...

are you talking about that it's not showing up like say on kelly's blog that you have a new post, until later or is your blog not being posted at all until later?

if you are talking about the link not showing up on kelly's page for instance, it's like that for everyone. it just takes it a bit to update. but i usually check everyone's to see if they have posted anyway, i never go by that thing. i think it all depends on the time you have yours set to and the time the other person's page it set to but i am not sure. i wouldn't worry about it. like i said i never go by that thing.

if your blog isn't posted, you can click on the lil blue link "post options" at the bottom of the compose page and change the time to the time and day you want that particular blog to be posted. you can also make it so that it is scheduled to post like say tomorrow at a certain time.

hope that helps.

Michele said...

Jamie-

Gotcha! I thought it was just me...so I guess it just updates every so often! Thanks for your help girlie:-)

Donielle said...

Great pictures Michele! Is that a hovaround?? Funny! Reminds me of when we would go visit Jimmy's grandma in the nursing home. One of the rooms that the kids would play in has a wheelchair that everyone would take turns riding in. Gabrielle has the same barbie bike that Leah got. And that's sweet that Tucker appreciated every gift, even the clothes!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures Michelle....I bet Tucker cooked on the grill for everyone there. It looks like ya'll had a great time!

ancient one said...

I can see how that grill was a big hit...never had anything like that a few years back...(I'm so old)... looks like all of you had fun...I love seeing your Christmas pictures!