I had debated and debated
y'day about blogging but didn't know if I wanted everyone to know what was going on...I was just way too upset having too many breakdowns from some shocking news. This morning I decided what better way to start a prayer chain than to blog as I've seen it work many, many times since I have been blogging. Let me explain...
y'day morning I received a call from the doctor's office about my
blood work...one test came back positive. I seem to be a carrier of the gene cystic fibrosis, a lung disease. The ONLY way it would affect the baby is if Kevin is a carrier ALSO...so we are going to have his blood taken on Friday. Since all this I have learned that this test can give FALSE results just as many other blood test can such as the Down Syndrome test. We know several families who have children with Cystic Fibrosis so we were some what familiar with the disease. Now what all this means is that if BOTH Kevin and I are carriers (
we both must be a carrier for it to affect the baby), the baby would have a 25% chance of inheriting both defective copies and having Cystic Fibrosis, a 50% chance of inheriting one defective copy and being a carrier (this would only affect the baby later in life if he/she decided to have children---and only if his/her spouse was a carrier too), and a 25% chance of
NOT having Cystic Fibrosis or carrying the gene at all. Hope that helps...I am trying to remain positive as I have had much encouragement from family, friends, and medical professionals that there is nothing to worry about just yet b/c the chances of Kevin being a carrier are pretty slim and even if he is a carrier many times the baby will not get the disease. It just all came to a shock to me when I got the news b/c NO one on either side of our families has Cystic Fibrosis and it is an inherited gene that you are born with. That also somewhat makes me thing the test may have given false reports as one of our medical friends said happens a lot with many of the blood test in pregnancy. None the less...I have a much better outlook today on it and am trying not to worry myself sick (although that's almost impossible as I am a worrier anyway)! Please keep Kevin, myself, and Baby Benson in your prayers that all will work out and we won't have to deal with the worry of the lung disease. I will keep you all posted as we hope to have results back from Kevin's
blood work early next week.
16 comments:
Girl, I feel your worry pain! That is all I have done since being pregnant...the hormones don't help. Just know that God will not give any of us more than we can handle. Keep your outlook positive and know that all of your blogger friends are keeping you and your new little family in our prayers. I am sure you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for!
God won't give you more than you can handle!! Trust in him and all will work out!! love you!!
You know I have you all in my prayers. Love you tons.
OMGoodness-You are right about the praying bloggers, look at all that has come out as a blessing for me.
You are on the top of my list today
stay positive and God will take care of it so don't you worry, that is what God is for.
XXOO
Thanks for all the uplifting comments...it helps so much to have dear family and friends in times like this.
first of all, you're right about ASKING for prayer.. The Bible says to go to your peers for prayer. That's why I HATE those tests.. you'll worry yourself to pieces, for NOTHING.. God WILL handle this for ya'll--either outcome. Turn it over to him- 'show your storm how big your God is!!'
My heart goes out to you because I am a natural born worrier too....I feel what you're going through because I had a very high risk pregnancy with Corey with alot of odds stacking against being able to carry him full term.....after 3 miscarriages and having to go through the whole amnio experience and all the testing I had decided early on regardless of what any test could or could not show if God saw fit to be able to carry Corey I would love him and cherish each moment with him and feel honored to be his mommy no matter what and I did alot of letting go and letting God and I could not have been blessed with a better baby.....even though it was very rocky getting him here....Please know that you will be in my heartfelt thoughts & prayers and know God will get you through it all.....and you'll love baby Benson all the more!
Hang in there....we're all here for you!
I will be keeping you all in my prayers. Even though it's easier said then done, try not to worry too much. I'm sure everything is going to work out.
Oh Michele, I'm so sorry you have this to worry about. What a great idea to start a prayer chain. I've already sent one prayer up and will continue to do so. I'm sure everything will be fine - but I know you can't help but be anxious. Try to put it in God's hands. Bless you guys!
Thanks again to all of you...all of your support means so much:-)
Michele, I had no idea this was going on..like Tina said you did right by asking your peers for prayers..that is what we are all here for..and turn it over to God, He doesn't give us more than we can handle..you and your family will all be in my prayers.
you know i will be thinking about ya'll...family is the most important thing to me and technically YOU are family. i hope that all test come back negative and you should have a second one done just to ease you mind. try not to worry yourself everything will be ok. GOD IS GOOD!!
Try to remain calm. God will take care of this situation. Keep your faith and I will be sure to say a prayer for you and your family.
There is no need to worry until you know for sure the results. I am with Amanda. God doesn't give you more than he knows you can handle. I am sure it will all be fine. Your are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing!!!
I will pray with you that all will be well. Try not to worry.
I took K.'s grandmother to the doctor today. She showed me the pretty Christmas card and the sweet, sweet, note and picture that came with it.
Love y'all!!
Michele, I too will be saying prayers for you all.
Post a Comment